My Town Your Town [MTYT] is an Eramus+ training project that will raise youth employability, skills and inclusion through intergenerational tourism development. The key feature of the project is for youth, aged 18 to 30 to work with older mentors to produce a new interpretation, a new narrative, for an existing or new tourism or cultural destination in their local area, positioning it in a way that will better represent the values of the EU and the multi-cultural facets of the host community, and to better appeal to 21st century visitors.
They will do this through an active learning and mentoring programme developed by the partners, representing Cyprus, Italy, Croatia and Greece, and an expert partner from Scotland, UK.
To achieve this the project will run sustainable tourism training for the young people, develop and pilot the innovative interpretation tool with them, the mentors and local SME tourism related businesses.
The project’s main beneficiaries are youth, this will include NEET with at least a quarter of participants from this group, and will now also include youth who have completed post-secondary and tertiary education and are not employed, under employed, are who have not yet considered tourism as a career.
• to stimulate competitiveness in the European tourism sector;
• to promote the development of sustainable, responsible and high-quality tourism;
• to consolidate the image and profile of Europe as a collection of sustainable and high-quality destinations; and,
• to maximise the potential of EU financial policies and instruments for developing tourism, particularly educational activities related to tourism which benefit from Erasmus+, and are aimed at boosting skills and employability as well as modernising education and training. The aim is to develop a simple and replicable method for youth employability through mentoring and tourism social innovation and entrepreneurship.
1. TOGETHER WE CAN – TRAINING MODULE
2. MY TOWN YOUR TOWN MANUAL
3. BE YOUR FUTURE
B. SIDE RESULTS:
1. The ERASMUS+ CLUB members : 10 youth workers / 20 mentors / 50 youth / 10 tourism businesses.
2. The Cluster community: 10 tourism businesses (with expression of interest forms and signed memorandum)
3. Newsletters / key messages postings /promotional materials, leaflets, flyers, posters.